Rare University offers a free 12-lesson course designed specifically for rare disease patients and advocates. The course will explore the following:
1. An introduction to the drug development process and the key stages of development
2. The role of the patient, funders, researchers and regulators
3. The pre-discovery, discovery and pre-clinical stages of development
4. Clinical trials phases 1-3
5. Regulatory review
6. Rare disease and the critical role of patients
Access this link which will take you to the Rare University website to enroll in the course and view the course curriculum.